Along with many other unions and community organizations, PSAC BC is a supporter and endorser of the Living Wage for Families Campaign. Here are some updates and news items from the campaign
- Living Wage Bylaw in Esquimalt – Last Monday Esquimalt moved a step closer to fully passing a Living Wage bylaw
- BC Business Online on the Living Wage – Peter Hall’s recent article in BC Business Online asks “Is New Westminster’s recent passing of the first Living Wage by-law in Canada setting a new standard?“. Answer: yes.
- Vancouver Courier Article on Economic Equality and the Living Wage – Studies show economic equality is good for everyone, even those at the top of the social ladder.
- Crying Wolf Over Higher Wages – Professor Stephanie Luce outlines recent research in the U.S. that shows that increasing the wages of the low paid doesn’t result in job losses.
- MLK and the Living Wage – Martin Luther King Day was celebrated in the U.S. this week, but did you know that King was in Memphis to support African American garbage workers in their fight for a living wage when he was shot?
This is an archive only
Visit our new site here