Vancouver Island Human Rights Committee November 23, 2010 ‘E-Meeting’ Minutes
Minutes prepared by VIHRC Recording Secretary Laura Gracie
- Released Unofficially: December 2, 2010
- Adopted Officially: February 8, 2011
- Boardroom: None.
- Teleconference: None.
- Guest: None
- Translators: None
- Regrets: None.
Continue reading below, or download the November 23rd VIHRC meeting minutes (pdf).
Boardroom Meeting Cancelled:
- Due to the wintery weather conditions, this physical meeting was canceled and an ‘electronic meeting’ was conducted instead three days later via e-mails on November 26, 2010.
Old Business for review:
Reviewed / Adopted September 9th AGM Minutes & Post to PSAC BC website
Motion: Michael Doerfler moves the motion to accept the previous minutes. Seconded: Laura Gracie. Carried: Unanimously by email
- Discussion ensured of current financial picture and was also presented with a current financial statement ending November 10, 2010.
- This was the last act of our predecessor Treasurer, Wendy Bruce, before her career move to mainland. Once again thank you Wendy Bruce. Congratulations and good luck with her new job.
- The current balance as of November 10, 2010 was $996.39 in chequing and $50.13 in shares equity accounts.
- Michael Doerfler became the current interim Treasurer until next AGM in September 2011. Please direct all financial inquires to him.
- Networking with other HRCs, Locals & Components (Moved up from June 22nd):
- Plenty of discussion on how VIHRC can network with other HRCs across the country as there is lack of support and resources in place to bring all together.
- Some suggestions included that perhaps PSAC can host a place on their website so any Human Rights position from a HRC or Local/Component can come together online by discussing about issues in an online forum.
- For now, Michael Doerfler will continue to find HR members across the country and create an email list similar to VIHRC email list to keep all in the loop and exchange ideas etc.
VIHRC Delegate to BC Triennial Convention:
- Kay Sinclair from PSAC BC presented a document on how we can elect a member from VIHRC to go to the regional convention in spring 2011 as a delegate.
- This is first time VIHRC is able to participate in this process.
- The requirements are is that we need to advertise about the election at least 4 weeks ahead of the meeting which VIHRC would elect someone and possibly an alternative. This ‘election’ meeting has to be in between 2 months to 6 months before the convention which is in mid May 2011. VIHRC’s February 8th (2011) Meeting falls perfectly in that period. VIHRC will elect a delegate and an alternative in this meeting.
Candle Vigil Donation Request:
- Request received from Virginia Vaillancourt requesting a donation of $100.00 for the December 6th Candle Light Vigil which is being put on by the Victoria Regional Women’s Committee. Motion: Michael Doerfler moves the motion to donate $100.00. Seconded: Anita Hoffman Carried: Unanimously by e-mail
PSAC Meet & Greet Donation Request:
- Request received from Dave Jackson of the PSAC Victoria Regional Office requesting a financial donation towards the Meet and Greet on the 14th of December 2010. Motion: Michael Doerfler moves the motion to donate on a sliding scale of $50.00 – $100.00 depending on the response of other committees’ financial donations. Seconded: Laura Gracie. Carried: Unanimously by e-mail.**Note: The final amount ended up to be $100.00.
Conclusion of ‘E’ Meeting:
- This was a very interesting experiment to do this meeting via electronic means. This is good to know if we have to do this again in future i.e. an emergency meeting or unforeseen reasons.
Next Meeting: February 8, 2011 at 6:30 p.m.
This is an archive only
Visit our new site here