The PSAC National Aboriginal Peoples’ Conference, which will be held September 30 to October 2, 2011 at the Explorer Hotel and the Yellowknife Inn in Yellowknife, NT, under the theme “The Path that Unites us”.
The objectives of the 2011 PSAC National Aboriginal Peoples’ Conference are to:
- educate, politicize and mobilize Aboriginal members by making links between themselves, the union, the workplace, the community and equality rights;
- empower, unite and engage Aboriginal members to take action and move the human rights agenda forward;
PSAC members in good standing and who self-identify as Aboriginal may apply to be a delegate to this Conference. Priority will be given to members who are active on aboriginal workers’ rights in their union or workplace. Priority will also be given to community activist on Aboriginal issues. The selection of delegates will take into account representation such as Region, Component, language, youth, gender and other equity groups.
Delegates will be entitled to full voice and vote during the conference, including the resolutions and elections processes.
Funding for Delegates:
Delegate costs to the 2011 PSAC National Aboriginal Peoples’ Conference will be fully covered as per the 2003 PSAC Triennial Convention decision and PSAC Travel Directive. Costs covered are as follows:
- travel costs, including ground transportation;
- hotel accommodation costs at The Explorer Hotel and The Yellowknife Inn;
- loss of salary;
- per diem for meals;
- incidental costs;
- the conference registration fee of $150.00
- child care as per the Family Care Policy;
- costs related to accessibility requirements.
For more information and online application, visit the national website.
This is an archive only
Visit our new site here