UPDATED: The rally now takes place JUNE 17th at 5:30
After holding an effective series of rotating strikes, forty-five thousand members of CUPW were locked out by Canada Post yesterday. At issue are significant concessions demanded by the Corporation, including the introduction of a two-tiered wage system for new employees, a reduction in the amount of full-time employees, and roll-backs to the sick leave plan. Picket lines are now up at postal facilities across the country.
Rally For CUPW in Vancouver
- Friday June 17, 5:30PM
- Library Square, corner of Georgia & Richards, downtown
- Look for the PSAC flags andbanners!
Rallies will soon be scheduled for other communities across the province – contact your Regional Office, or check back here – we will post information as it becomes available.
- Visit a CUPW picket line or attend a rally. Here is a list of picket line locations in BC – for more information about rallies and other events, contact your PSAC Regional Office.
- Do not perform work normally done by CUPW members – for example, do not deliver or drop off packages that are normally sent between work sites using regular mail or Priority Courier.
- Join the Support Postal Workers Facebook event and invite your friends, family, and co-workers.
- Talk to your friends, family and neighbours about the importance of keeping Canada Post an accessible, quality public service. Fact sheets are available at the CUPW website
- Encourage your Local to pass solidarityresolutions, and send messages of support or strike support funds to CUPW.
- Show your support by placing posters in your window or at your work site download the images at the Support Postal Workers website.
- Contact Canada Post President Deepak Chopra and encourage him to drop the concessions. Tell him to negotiate solutions with postal workers.
- Stay up to date on CUPWs struggle against Canada Post by visiting the CUPW website.
This is an archive only
Visit our new site here