Archive for the 'Victoria RO' Category
Position Title: Administrative Assistants
Employment Type: Full-time or Part-time
Classification: Band 8
Location: Vancouver, Victoria
The purpose of this competition is to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates to fill temporary unilingual positions as they become available. Please indicate clearly whether you are applying for a full-time or part-time position. This competition closes March 20, 2009.
Purpose of position:
As part of the Regional Office Team, the Administrative Assistant provides comprehensive administrative services that enable the Regional Office to fulfill its role in a timely and credible manner. Under the direction of the Regional Coordinator maintains the administrative aspects of the Regional Office, while carrying out the wide variety of administrative, secretarial and clerical responsibilities to ensure efficient operation of the Regional Office.
- Successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, OR equivalent experience normally provided through several years of providing administrative services relevant to the duties of the position;
- Ability to effectively transcribe type and perform word processing functions using Microsoft Word;
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer including ability to use Windows, e-mail, FrontPage, and Internet;
- Ability to use spreadsheets (ideally Excel) and database software (ideally Access);
- Proficiency in spelling, vocabulary and in the application and usage of English;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English:
- Ability to work independently and determine priorities under strict deadlines;
- High degree of initiative, good judgment and problem-solving;
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment;
- Good knowledge of the Public Service Alliance of Canada;
- Knowledge of the trade union objectives and activities and commitment to union and equity principles;
For more details and how to apply is available in the following documents.
Summer Employment Opportunity – one position in Vancouver & one in Victoria
The Public Service Alliance of Canada is looking for students to work on our Think Public campaign over the summer. The successful candidates will work with the political action coordinator to organize public outreach. They will assist in researching specific issues, tailor messages to specific audiences, help set up and staff booths at public events, distribute leaflets in crowds, engage the public in discussion about the value of public services, and attend community group meetings with a regional representative.
Energetic self-starters who are students of Marketing, Communications, Political Science, Economics, Community Development, Education or Women’s Studies who believe in social justice and want to develop their activist skills are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified aboriginal and racialized students. The wage rate is $15/hour. It is a full time 35 hour/week job for a 10 week period between June 15 and Labour Day weekend. Some weekend work is expected.
Please send your resume to Luc Guevremont at email@example.com. The deadline for receipt of applications is Tuesday June 3, 2008.
Greetings. This to let you know that there will be some changes in the PSAC regional offices in BC.
Regional Rep, Jack Rudd, will be retiring in May. Colette Savarie, will be transferring from the Saskatoon Regional Office to replace him. Some of you will remember Colette from her days as the BC/Yukon Regional Vice President for National Component before she came on staff as the regional rep in the Yellowknife RO.
Janelle Ho-Shing, formerly the Regional Organizer, was the successful candidate on the competition to fill the regional rep position vacated by Joanna Schultz.
James Little, Regional Rep – Health and Safety, will be working out of the Victoria Regional Office for the next two years. His assignments remain the same. Please note that the Victoria Regional office now has a toll-free phone number – 1 866 953 1050
Please join me in welcoming them all to their new challenges.
Janet Routledge, Regional Coordinator – BC
Please note, due to an out of region work assignment and annual leave the PSAC Victoria Regional Office will be closed from Tuesday August 8th to Friday August 11th inclusive.
If you have an emergency during that time period please contact the PSAC Vancouver Regional Office at 1-800-663-1655.
In Solidarity, Dave Jackson & Rosemary MacKenzie
This is an archive only
Visit our new site here
You are currently browsing the Public Service Alliance of Canada BC web archives for the 'Victoria RO' category.
- Area Councils (130)
- Around the Province (455)
- Bargaining (326)
- Bargaining Units / Employers (397)
- Conventions/Conferences (69)
- Education (66)
- Government (6)
- Health & Safety (97)
- House of Labour (158)
- Human Rights (300)
- Locals (4)
- Minutes (135)
- National Issues (131)
- News / OpEd (263)
- PSAC news releases (127)
- Photos (32)
- Political Action (161)
- PSMA (7)
- Regional Council (15)
- Regional Offices (21)
- Social Justice Fund (110)
- Steward's Network (42)
- Swag (1)
- Womens Issues (165)
- IWD (19)
- Youth (91)